Quantcast

Rick Bartalini (Photo by Crista Jeremiason)

Rick Bartalini, who booked big-name acts and other entertainment for 11 years at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts in Santa Rosa, is now working for the Green Music Center in Rohnert Park.

Earlier this month, Bartalini joined the staff of On Campus Presents, which promotes concerts, lectures, films, comedy shows and other events at Sonoma State University.

“Rick’s background and experience is extensive in the area of popular entertainment and we are excited to have him working with us,” said Laurence Furukawa-Schlereth, the university’s chief financial officer and vice president for administration and finance.

On Campus Presents puts on programs the Green Music Center, the new Student Center and other campus venues, primarily aimed at a student demographic, Furukawa-Schlereth said.

“I’m honored to join the exceptional team at Weill Hall at Sonoma State University’s world-class Green Music Center,” Bartalini said.

Since leaving Wells Fargo Center in early 2010, Bartalini started his own company, Rick Bartalini Presents, which has booked shows all over Northern California and Hawaii.

Most recently, Bartalini produced the Josh Groban show at the Green Music Center, and presented Lyle Lovett at the Marin Civic Center in San Rafael and Diana Ross at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Theatre.

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

72 Comments

1. Ted King

Rick Bartalini is a true professional and one if the best in the business. I’ve attended shows that Rick has produced and they were perfect. He knows all of the top talent and has a very loyal following.

August 20th, 2013 6:45 pm

2. Gary

I predict the marriage of Mr. Bartalini and Green Center is going to bring us world class artists; the likes we’ve never seen before. Get out the Master Card….you’re gonna need it.

August 20th, 2013 6:46 pm

3. Kathy KKT

Well deserved, Rick is a great talent & a true professional!

August 20th, 2013 6:49 pm

4. VT

This is great news. I recently saw RBP’s Diana Ross show in SF and it was fantastic! The show started promptly, the talent exceptional and the experience was well worth the money. Good move Green Music Center. Can’t wait to see shows there in the future.

August 20th, 2013 6:55 pm

5. Paulann Cole

Thank You for the great article about Rick Bartalini joining the staff at Green Music Center
    Rick has worked so hard to be where he is today. He puts together such great shows.
    Congrats Rick

August 20th, 2013 6:57 pm

6. Jeanene Valentine

This is the beginning of great things!! Having worked with Rick professionally, only greatness will come of this pairing. He is by far the most awesome booker I’ve had the pleasure of working with. I look forward to seeing Rick and On Campus bringing great shows to the community!

August 20th, 2013 6:58 pm

7. Steve

Sonoma county’s music scene just got better!

August 20th, 2013 7:16 pm

8. Jeremy Marshall

Congratulations to Mr. Bartalini. He has organized some of the best concerts I’ve attended. One of the most memorable was the Olivia Newton-John concert at the Golden Gate Theater last September. Green Music Center have a winner on their team.

August 20th, 2013 7:22 pm

9. Lucie Dumais

Congratulations Rick! Green Music Center is lucky to have you work with them. Much success on this new endeavor! What a success story you are! Great inspiration!

August 20th, 2013 7:32 pm

10. Sarah Drake

A tremendous move on Green Music Centers part to acquire a heavy hitter like Rick Bartalini. He is a branded force that brings an exceptional level if talent, skillful promotion and unparalleled success to every show from every spectrum. I have worked with Rick in various capacities for a decade and can say with certainty that he puts venues on the map and attracts huge acts that would frankly not happen without this man. In short, smart move Green Music Center!

August 20th, 2013 8:35 pm

11. Diane Davis

Good choice On Campus Presents for adding Rick to your staff. Always the professional, I’ll be looking forward to the excitement, creativity, and talent he brings.

August 20th, 2013 8:56 pm

12. George Myers

Thanks Rick for all the great shows.Looking forward to more great shows in 2014′ You make Santa Cruz rock.

August 20th, 2013 9:15 pm

13. Carina Sterzenbach

I have to say I am not surprised. Or if I am surprised, it’s only because it took so long for this partnership to happen. Rick is amazing at what he does and knows how to create long lasting relationships with artists that want to come back to this amazing place we call home. Congrats Rick and Congrats to the Green Music Center… this partnership can only bring about amazing things!

August 20th, 2013 10:03 pm

14. anne mcgivern

Fantastic addition.

August 20th, 2013 10:53 pm

15. Mindi Levine

Congratulations! The Green Center has acquired a true gem. He is a fantastic promoter and a marketing genius.

August 21st, 2013 9:35 am

16. Stephanie Laffin

THIS IS SO GREAT!!! Rick is the BEST!! Love his work, love how much he gives back to the community!

August 21st, 2013 12:28 pm

17. Liz Hutnick

Congratulations to both Rick and The Green Center on an awesome hire!

August 21st, 2013 1:59 pm

18. Tina Benedicto

Rick Bartalini .Has the dedication and determination to make it happen and any friend of PETE STRINGFELLOW is a friend of mine ~ Congrats on all your hard work ,blood ,sweat and tears ….we appreciate it ….peace love and happiness always ~~Tina Marie ~crystal river Florida

August 21st, 2013 3:29 pm

19. Tina Benedicto

you are such a plus to the industry ..keep the good work up ..you deserve all the praise you get …AMEN

August 21st, 2013 3:34 pm

20. Dana

Wow. Awesome. Great news. Rick Bartalini has a knack for business and marketing. I met Rick in 1998. He had just joined the marketing team at the Luther Burbank Center a.k.a. Wells Fargo. He knew how to promote a show and get the best ROI for his client. Its been a pleasure to see him develop and the successes he has had with his productions. A true professional.
    Best to Rick Bartalini and the On Campus team.

August 21st, 2013 5:08 pm

21. Melinda McKeever

This is awesome news!! Sonoma County will once again be the place to see a great variety of entertainment. Can’t wait to see what Rick brings us.

August 21st, 2013 5:21 pm

22. Debbie Raike

I am so happy for Rick and Sonoma State. All of his shows are sold out quickly. He is amazing. Congrats!! Great job.

August 22nd, 2013 6:58 am

23. Jessica Christensen

Congrats to the Green Music Center for scoring such an amazing, creative and talented presenter – Rick Bartalini is truly a gift to the music community!

August 22nd, 2013 11:45 am

24. Gary Bayless

This is a Marriage made in Heaven, Rick will do SO much for our community. Having been a Symphony Board member(now Emeritus) for so many years and hoping and praying to finally have a Great Venue. And now the frosting on the cake, Rick Bartalini who has already started and will present this as the venue we all dreamed of years ago…
    It is and will be World Class!!!
    Thank you Rick for taking this position…

August 22nd, 2013 2:07 pm

25. Shaun Ralston

Wow, the Green Music Center (and Sonoma County) is very fortunate, indeed. His shows are always big hits and some of my favorite comedians and musical artists have performed in the area thanks to Mr. Bartalini; Lisa Lampanelli, Bill Maher, Kevin James, Diana Ross, Josh Groban, Dolly Parton, Olivia Newton-John, Wynonna Judd, Johnny Mathis, Bonnie Raitt, and so many more (can’t remember them all). The folks at Sonoma State should be thrilled to have his kind of dedication to sell-out shows and artists’ satisfaction. Best wishes for many more years of awesome shows to come.

August 22nd, 2013 2:11 pm

26. Elliot Prestwich

Rick continues to bring the best music and musicians to Northern California. He enhances our music scene and our lives by providing top notch entertainment and unforgettable experiences. I attended another one of Ricks Sold Out concerts just last night, and will be talking about it for months to come. Congratulations Rick, On Campus Presents and Sonoma State University are lucky to have you.

August 22nd, 2013 2:14 pm

27. Hector

Congrats Rick! You are a true professional in very sense of the word with an even stronger work ethic! I’m happy to call you a friend!

August 22nd, 2013 2:17 pm

28. Scott Brill Lehn

Rick is one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry and also one of the most friendly. His care and attention to detail is unparalleled. Great job, RB!

August 22nd, 2013 2:30 pm

29. Kelly Gonzales

This is a partnership destined for greatness! The state of the art Green Center venue coupled with Rick’s connections, first class style and competitive ambition will produce nothing short of first class/memorable experiences for arts patrons. Congrats to both parties and to all of those who will benefit from this marriage.

August 22nd, 2013 2:41 pm

30. Lesley Frowick

I have known Rick since 1998 when I worked with him at the Luther Burbank Center. He always paid such uber attention to detail and to accommodating his talent with his great sense of style. He has indeed formed a loyal following. It has been such a joy watching him continue to excel at what he does best – booking the best talent of our times. A huge congrats to Rick and to the Green Music Center for their perfect decision to bring him on board. Can’t wait to get back to CA to see a show.

August 22nd, 2013 3:03 pm

31. Anita Heilig

Smart move by the Green Music Center. I have known Rick for 20 years and worked with him many times. He is a true professional and knows how to put on great shows top to bottom.

August 22nd, 2013 3:14 pm

32. Stephanie Flick

This is truly fantastic. What a great addition Rick is. I’ve worked with Rick for over 8 years first in an agency environment and now in a management environment and the acts that he has presented have always been truly happy with the experience. He goes the extra mile!!

August 22nd, 2013 3:51 pm

33. Brent Burch

This will be a great partnership. I was lucky enough to be in the 3rd row at the Josh Groban concert. Rick did a great job.

August 22nd, 2013 4:03 pm

34. Landon McPherson

This is absolutely amazing! I am so glad that Rick will have his hand in booking talent back in Sonoma County again. I have had the pleasure of knowing this great man for about 5 years and have worked with him on several projects over the last few… From the talent to organization and prep for a show; there is nobody better than Rick Bartalini! I cannot wait to see what is in store for the Green Music Center; I know it will be the absolute BEST! Cheers!

August 22nd, 2013 4:18 pm

35. Gerald "Gerry" Brown

I’ve had the honor to work with Rick Bartalini twice with Diana Ross. As a musician I deeply appreciated his concern for the details to make Ms. Ross, the musicians and crew so comfortable. He definitely went above and beyond what most promoters would provide: A Top Notch / First Class Production.

It will not be soon enough to work with Rick Bartalini again!

August 22nd, 2013 5:43 pm

36. Audrey Krahne

Congratulations to Rick, and especially to the Green Music Center for acquiring this rare gem. Rick’s professionalism, dedication, creativity and talent for choosing the right artist for the right venue are insurmountable. I have known Rick for 29 years, he is one of the most giving people I have ever met, truly an inspiration. His work ethic, knowledge of the business and passion for his work are extraordinary. Without a doubt, the most memorable concerts I have experienced have been Rick’s. I am looking forward to many more thanks to him.
    Bravo!

August 22nd, 2013 5:48 pm

37. Ivan Young

Congratulations Rick and  The Green Music center. I’m excited and looking forward to having top name entertainment return to Sonoma County.  Having worked with Rick I know that his professionalism, and eye for detail will make this a successful endeavor for The Green and our community.

August 22nd, 2013 6:28 pm

38. Gianni Messmer

Wow!! They got lucky considering every event Rick produces sells out. He’s the new Bill Graham of Northern California. Congrats Green Music Center. I hope your prepared for some amazing events!

August 23rd, 2013 1:21 am

39. Chris

Congratulations, Rick! So excited for you as you enter into the next phase of your journey! I’ve always enjoyed the shows you’ve produced and look forward to the ones in the future. You’re definitely the perfect guy for the job. A perfect match for such a quality venue as the Green Music Center.

Bravo!

August 23rd, 2013 7:55 am

40. Suzanne Wright

What a wonderful thing to see.
    I predicted that Rick Bartalini would work for the Green Center when he left Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. (Do you remember that Rick?) I am so pleased for both the Green Center and for Rick to see this come to fruition and look forward to seeing many great concerts in this beautiful venue. Rick, you ROCK! Green Center is lucky to have you.

August 23rd, 2013 2:30 pm

41. Darlene Walley

Sonoma County is so fortunate to have the dedication, passion and talent of Rick Bartalini. Mr. Bartalini could have gone to any number of large, prestigious centers around the country after leaving Wells Fargo Center, and indeed he was approached by many. But his heart was in Northern California. He is the hardest working person I know who richly deserves the success he has achieved. I applaud the Green Center for this excellent decision and we will all benefit from having Rick Bartalini producing shows in Sonoma County.

August 23rd, 2013 4:29 pm

42. Ellen Maremont Silver & Robyn Bramhall

We Mean It! Productions worked closely with Rick for more than a decade at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. He is a dedicated and tireless promoter of the arts, in the best sense. Congratulations to you, Rick, and to the Green Music Center. We’re looking forward to your continued success, and to seeing the many wonderful performers you’ll bring to the North Bay.

August 26th, 2013 8:33 pm

43. Eric Hall

Rick is instrumental in helping Pinot on the River & the Boys & Girls Clubs book talent for our fundraising events.

THANK YOU Rick! An best of luck!

August 27th, 2013 8:26 am

44. Reginald Harrison

Someone please explain to me how this is not a HUGE conflict of interest? And how will Bartalini actually run his talent-booking agency while performing duties for GMC. Seems like a recipe for disaster…

August 27th, 2013 8:31 am

45. Leslie Jacobson

Great News! I’ve had the pleasure of working with Rick at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. His New Years Day – SOLD OUT Bill Maher show on Maui was an incredible way to ring in the New Year! Northern California & the Green Center are fortunate to have him!

August 28th, 2013 12:08 pm

46. Chris

No one can put together a show like Rick. His shows are always a memorable experience for both the fans and the artist. Very excited for what’s to come from his new shows and Green Music Center!

August 28th, 2013 12:14 pm

47. Bobby Jo Valentine

Rick B. is a great presenter!! I love every act he brings in and do my best to be front and center each time! Every artist mentions personally what a good job Rick does with a show – I think that should tell you all you need to know about what a great guy and a professional promoter he is! A+++.

August 28th, 2013 12:17 pm

48. Katherine

I worked with Rick years ago at the Luther Burbank Center (now Wells Fargo Center) and can say that I’ve never met someone who is more passionate about this business than he is! I’ll be paying attention to the upcoming shows at the Green Music Center now that I know Rick is involved there – he is sure to bring top talent and exciting events to Sonoma State.
    Congrats to you Rick – so exciting to see everything you have accomplished in your career and best wishes for continued success!

August 28th, 2013 12:21 pm

49. Erin N

This is amazing!! I’m so excited to see who who Ill see next! I live in the East Bay and Rick’s shows are the only ones that I’ll drive all the way up there to see. Guaranteed good time people! Keep your ears and eyes open… This is going to be epic!

August 28th, 2013 1:00 pm

50. Mike Watermann

This is great news! I always enjoyed working with Rick during his time at Wells Fargo Center for the Arts…he is a true professional and a tireless promoter, with an ear for great music of any genre!

August 28th, 2013 1:04 pm

51. Marie Huston

Rick is the ultimate professional. I have been fortunate enough to work with him in the past and he truly goes above and beyond.

August 28th, 2013 1:10 pm

52. Sean

Rick books the best acts and is always professional.

August 28th, 2013 1:11 pm

53. Tim McQuaid

The Green Center couldn’t have brought in a better person to run the venue. I have known and worked with Rick for well over 20 years and he is the best. Looking forward to coming up and seeing a show at the Center.

August 28th, 2013 1:43 pm

54. Stephanie Clarke

Green Music Center was smart to hire Rick Bartalini as promoter. Rick is well respected in the entertainment industry, covering a variety of acts and genres. I’ve watched him manage sold-out shows at the Marin Center with ease and a professional manner. Bottom line, Rick is a pro. Congratulations to all!

August 28th, 2013 1:52 pm

55. Dan

Rick has been instrumental in connecting artists with their fans. He really has gone above and beyond traditional concerts by making it feel so personalized. He’s done a great job in demonstrating his attention to detail and it shows! When I see he’s producing a concert, I know I want to go! Great job Rick! I wish you continued success!!

August 28th, 2013 2:05 pm

56. Gia Lisa Krahne

Congratulations to Rick, Green Music Center, and the plethora of fortunate artists he will bring there. I’ve know Rick closely my whole life. The industry has always been his passion and dedication. Though it is the rare quality of pairing those traits with constant hard work, intelligent choices, and a beautiful generosity of spirit which has propelled Rick into his longstanding career and a position of well-deserved respect for what he does so well.

As a performing artist and theatre owner in NYC, I would kill to have him booking and gracing my space here. You are very lucky to have him.

August 28th, 2013 3:12 pm

57. Robert Coe

WOW!!! What a great match!! I cant wait to see what great things Rick has in store for the GMC. I have had the pleasure of working with Rick for over 5 years. I love working with him. His attention to detail is second to none. His professional standards are among the highest of anyone i know and in the Entertainment Industry it is an absolute necessity. Way to go GMC. Show’em what ur made of Rick!!

August 28th, 2013 4:38 pm

58. Adriana Burruel

Congratulations Rck! And the Green Music Center. They are lucky to have you!

August 28th, 2013 5:23 pm

59. Patty T.

Rick Bartalini is a true Professional in every sense of the word! He is truly a talented, amazing & creative presenter who works hard, so many, many, many CONGRATS to him working for the ‘Green Music Center’! He is an AWESOME , kind man who knows how to promote a show! I am so happy for him and I love him dearly!

Congratulations again to you Rick!

August 28th, 2013 6:51 pm

60. CA

How exciting! Rick Bartalini will be a wonderful addition to the SSU/Green Music Family!
    They are lucky to have him, and we are too!
    Congratulations!

August 28th, 2013 8:31 pm

61. Steve

Rick is an extremely professional guy who is very hard working and a man of his word. Thanks for bringing so much great talent to the Bay Area Rick! Look forward to attending more shows in the future! Congratulations!!

August 28th, 2013 8:48 pm

62. Sabrina Goldberg

Rick has an extraordinary talent and attention to detail. His passion for the work he does shows in every single act he books and manages. I worked with Rick for 6 years at the Wells Fargo Center, and I know first hand how exceptional his work is. Rick will excel at the Green Music Center.

August 28th, 2013 8:55 pm

63. Sabrina Goldberg

Rick has an exceptional attention to detail and passion for the work he does. We worked together at the Wells Fargo Center for 6 years and I saw this first hand everyday. The Green Music Center will excel with Rick’s leadership and knowledge.

August 28th, 2013 9:00 pm

64. James

Fantastic that a visionary promoter now has a world-class facility to bring world-class artists to. Your programming has been missed here in Sonoma County.

August 28th, 2013 10:42 pm

65. Michelle Denham

I had the pleasure of working with Rick at Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. He’s professional, fun and knows how to treat an artist! He also understands the finer points of working for a non-profit, marketing and balancing it all with the cost of big name celebrities. Congratulations to the Green Music Center–they are lucky to have Rick!

August 28th, 2013 10:49 pm

66. Darren M. Rockhold

Congratulations, Rick…what a wonderful partnership! The Green Music Center is fortunate to have your passion and expertise!

August 29th, 2013 4:24 am

67. Tiffani Faison

How smart is the Green Center for partnering with Rick Bartalini! There isn’t a better way to introduce a new venue into Sonoma County. With Mr. Bartalini’s incredible track record and ability to capture some of the worlds best talent, this center should be the premiere venue in Northern California.
    I cannot wait to see who gets booked, credit card in hand.

August 29th, 2013 8:30 am

68. Sheila Groves-Tracey

The Green Center was wise to bring Rick Bartalini on board. He is a talented, innovative, true professional who will bring a whole new level of excitement to this beautiful venue!

August 29th, 2013 9:58 am

69. Gidget Slyker

I had worked with the 11 years that he was at the LBC/Wells Fargo Center and have felt that he did a terrific job. He always made sure that every little detail was taken care of. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Rick and wish him the best throughout his journey. He will do fine, no-matter where he goes. Congrats and very happy that you are staying close to home.

August 29th, 2013 10:44 am

70. Elaine Quesada

Rick is such a believer of music and showcasing true talents. It’s always refreshing to work with someone who understands the industry and is easy to work with. Rick is always seeking to thinking outside of the box and truly embraces using traditional media along with new social media methods. I enjoy working with him and I congratulate him for his hard work and dedication to the world of music!

August 29th, 2013 1:52 pm

71. Randy Hill

Rick is amazing. PERIOD

September 1st, 2013 8:31 am

72. MARGA GOMEZ

So exciting that we can keep Rick Bartilini in Northern CA. He has a magic touch for live entertainment. Respectful to everyone he deals with. And he really knows how to put on a show.

September 6th, 2013 11:24 pm

Submit Your Comments

Required

Required, will not be published